Friday, July 19, 2013

Morning in the garden

   The temperatures have been in the 90s and the humidity tropical.  Although I'm not loving it, the garden is.  I went for a stroll this morning, and here is some of the garden's July beauty.



I bought this perennial at the farmer's market this spring.  It's very fuzzy all over and waist-tall.  And the blooms are going to be spectacular, I think.  Wonder what it is.

 I'm happy to share my dill with this little guy!  He will turn into a beautiful black swallowtail butterfly, which you can see here:   http://www.bugfacts.net/tiger-swallowtail-butterfly.php

"Even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these ...."  Matthew 6

  I came back into the house and saw . . .
Rosie.    "What do you mean, it's too small? Most of me fits!"

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden shots! The dill is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual flower Cynthia - a lovely backlit picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos. Is that a sunflower? It sort of looks like one, but not quite. I agree that the back light really makes it look other worldly.

    ReplyDelete