Friday, July 26, 2013

Storms!


"Fair are the lilies that weather the storm." 
                                           Amy Carmichael poem
   It started out a beautiful, cool morning, and I headed out to a country meat market to buy bacon for company that's coming.  The blue sky and a bank of bright tiger lilies caught my eye, so I stopped and noticed the clouds begin to rapidly move.  I sat and watched the storm approach.



East

South


West


   A life storm came up this week, and every bit as fast as this rainstorm did.  It's not over, but I have dealt with most of it and I'm counting my blessings. 


"Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm."                                  (Anonymous)

4 comments:

  1. We've got tropical storm Flossie heading our way and we're all holding our breath for Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping it wears out before it reaches us. I love that beautiful orange day lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you weather both storms well. The lilies look beautiful and the sky menacing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete