Sunday, March 2, 2014

Summer Dreams in a Vase

    Once again it was -19F the last couple nights (-28C), and those kind of temps make Minnesotans do rash things.




I spent the grocery budget on flowers, and I am not one bit sorry!
 
So elegant and uplifting, how could I resist?

Then I got a little carried away and this pot also made its way into my cart.  For later.  :-)
 
"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul." 
       Luther Burbank
 
See?  Quite a bargain at any price!




7 comments:

  1. You are quite right. Anything that can brighten up the day must be a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and a great quotation. I bought several hyacinth plants and placed them in the kitchen. Their fragrance was so evident – it made the atmosphere so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I too buy flowers to lift my spirits. We used to have any convenience stores that would sell a bundle for a song but those days seem to be gone. Nonetheless I still like to buy flowers and yours are very nice. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what better way to brighten up a cold winters day than with beautiful flowers.
    Have a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete